6.02.2009

Some enlightening words...

One evening, an old Cherokee told his grandson about the eternal battle that goes on inside people.

He said, “My boy, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.”

“One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.”

“The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, tolerance, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”

The boy thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee replied, “The one you feed.”


I found this one a woman's sparkpeople profile.
This is the internal battle I am trying to conquer at the moment. I tend to feed that Evil wolf. Mostly with jealousy, self-pity, inferiority, and defeat.
I need to start feeding that good wolf. One of my goals on sp is to give myself 3 compliments a day.
I haven't accomplished that goal at all in a week and a half. Not once.
I think this is what we do, as women, as overweight people, as society. We are constantly reminded how we need to be richer, more beautiful, a smaller size...
So I'm going to focus on this goal...

Reasons why I'm great:

1. I am extremely creative. I come up with awesome gifts that I make for friends and family. I am a talented photographer. I create some awesome paintings.
And even though I am all those things... I still know that there are many things I can learn to make me even better!

2. I am strong, and just getting stronger. I am not a frail little girl. I can hold my own and stand on my own two feet.

3. I love with all my heart.

Those are my three for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment